“Zara: The Story of the World’s Richest Man” is the new documentary film which will offer us a more personal side of the man’s life who invented the multi-billion brand Zara i.e. Amancio Ortega.
So, here’s the list of real life facts that not everybody is aware of:-
- The founder of the world famous brand had to quit school in order to earn a living to fulfill basic food requirements.
- Bathrobes were the first thing that Mr. Ortega made and sold them by going door-to-door.
- Instead of 2,000 pesetas, the bank provided only 30 euros as a loan for the Company’s launch.
- The name Zara came from ‘Zadar‘ where Amancio & his then-wife Rosalie spend their honeymoon.
- The concept of Fast–Fashion was brought by the brand itself as Zara would create whole product lines within 15 days that would usually take months for others to make.
- The “Out of Stock” is a technique that is used to create a need for the product in the market thus, increasing the sales.
- It takes an exact amount of 38 minutes to complete a women’s shirt anything more than that means a loss to the manufacturing plant, it is known as “Working to the Minute“
- Zara’s Designers always travel with a Pen, Paper and a Camera for the sole objective of observing and recording the data on how people dress. Now, that’s creativity.
BONUS Point – These are the hidden siblings of the Spanish retail store Zara who are more affordable than Zara and not many people know about them – Pull and Bear, Uterqüe’s, Oysho, Stradivarius, Massimo Dutti, and Bershka.
P.S. – If this blog ends up getting more than 10 likes, I’ll write a detailed blog on Zara’s Hidden Sibling Store. 🙂